Saturday, August 16, 2008

Promo and Prizes

As you may (or may not) know, I'm a publisher as well as an author. A small press publisher, true, but a publisher nonetheless. And this month Delphi Books has published a book I'm really proud of. It's called A Place in the Shower Schedule: 101 Favorite Columns by Roger H. Aylworth.

The book is a collection of humor columns written by a newspaperman for the Enterprise Recorder in Chico, CA. Roger is also the father of seven children - six sons and one daughter, and if I had to give you a quick description of his book, I'd say "think a male Erma Bombeck." The reviews that have come in to date are really good. For example, MormonTimes.com called it "A charming and easy read." And readers at both Amazon and Barnes & Noble are praising it as well.

Anyway, if you or someone you know appreciates good, clean family oriented humor, please ask for the book at your favorite bookstore or public library.


Now on to the second half of this post. As some of you may recall, my LYS owner was saving sock yarn for me. The other day, I finally got down there and got the bag. Unfortunately, it's all the same yarn: Marks & Kattens Clown in a pretty blue and green on cream. I've pulled the winners' names - georg and Mary Campbell and Lana F. - and will be sending their yarn early next week.


LAST BUT CERTAINLY NOT LEAST: Here's four balls of Noro that my LYS owner dropped in my bag before I left the store. She's not going to carry it anymore because it's so hard to get. But what do we care? It's FREE. And if you're interested in winning these four balls of Noro, send an email to FRAN at FRANBAKER dot COM with Noro in the subject line. Since the yarn is wool and more suited to fall and winter, I'll draw the winner's name on September 1 to sort of jumpstart the season.


Good luck!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger kshotz said...

You ladies are far too generous with your yarn! (That Noro is gorgeous!)

Kim

11:00 PM  
Blogger Fran Baker said...

Don't forget that the only real expense here is postage from me to the winner. My LYS owner GAVE me the Noro. Apparently it was the last of that particular lot. I can't use it - too much stuff in my stash now.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Fran, many congratulations on publishing such a delightful book! I'm going to click on over to Amazon and put it in my shopping cart. I'm a huge fan of Erma Bombeck's so I'm excited about finding her male counterpart.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Dragongrl4 said...

That is some yummy yarn all around! Absolutely gorgeous! =)I am going to look into that book to since I have never been steered wrong on this blog ^_~

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home