Monday, August 04, 2008

Brooklyn Tweed and The World's Best Mittens


Brooklyn Tweed has done it again! See those incredible mittens? They're his.
And if you want to see them up close, visit his blog. At the risk of sounding like a fangrrl, they are the most exquisite handcrafted objects I've ever seen. You know how mittens are often big and floppy, kind of like clown shoes for your hands? Not Brooklyn Tweed's mittens. They actually look elegant. Elegant mittens! Who would have thought such a thing was possible. Look at the intricate cabling, the stitch definition, the abso-freaking-lutely everything.
I'm telling you they're a work of art and the ONLY REASON why I would ever leave the house in this hideously hot weather. I've gotta find a copy of Vogue Knitting Fall '08!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Nephele said...

Vogue knew what they were doing when they put them on the cover. I don't even wear mittens and I want to make them anyway!

1:06 PM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

They are the main reason why I bought the magazine when I was out at B&N today. :)

1:22 PM  
Blogger teabird said...

I'll be picking it up, too. Maybe if I wish hard enough, a pair of those green mittens will knit themselves for me...

10:27 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

OMG, you MUST look at all the details of these mittens on Tweed's blog. They are amazing. I especially love the cable coming up the thumb. Brilliant design work! He describes the knitting required as "acrobatic" so I'm probably not up to the project but I can't wait to see how you pros interpret it.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home