Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Baby Surprise Jacket #2 - almost done!


bsj2-prefinished, originally uploaded by wickedsplitty5.

The photo is ten minutes old. (I'm reasonably sure my neighbors think I'm crazy. "Who is this woman who hangs knitting from trees?")

The knitting part of the project is completed. I wove in my ends. Now all I have to do is seam it and button it and light a candle to the genius that is Elizabeth Zimmermann.

My husband is an engineer. He has an analytical mind. I tossed him the completed BSJ and said, "Turn this into a sweater."

I think I heard his brain cry.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Don't you just love that? My husband was also flabbergasted by the un-sewn finished BSJ... makes one feel like knitting is good for the brain.

I like the colors you used :)

3:20 PM  
Blogger dobarah said...

Your sweater is gorgeous...and I love the image of your husband's brain working on how to make the material create the sweater. You have a great sense of humor!

3:23 PM  
Blogger kshotz said...

You rock Barbara! I'm definitely going to have a go at making one of these.
Kim

9:06 AM  
Blogger teabird said...

My husband would see possibilities other than a baby jacket - it's my brain that howls when it contemplates knitting one of these things!

9:54 AM  
Blogger adrienne said...

it is an amazing construction. i love it! i've knitted several of them and am surprised every time.

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home