Thursday, July 19, 2007

Yarnapalooza Winner #19A


Congratulations to Carol Turner, our Yarnapalooza Winner #19A! Her Opal sock yarn is on its way. (I think it's Petticoat but it's already with the mail carrier so I can't check.)


Our handy-dandy Random Number Generator chose the lucky winner of Nancy's gorgeous Malabrigo. I forwarded the info to Nancy and she'll be posting it here ASAP.


I don't know about you, but I'm having a great time!

The photo is Sea View, the house in Litherland Park, Liverpool, where my grandmother, her sister Edith (Dede), and their brother Charles were born. This is where Dede lived after their father "sold" her vwexteto another family member. They were all reunited when the family returned to England and emigrated together to the U.S. Apparently their grandfather considered himself the lord of the manor and expected all to bow to his wishes. My grandmother said he died in flagrante delicto with the daughter of the local dairy farmer. They also had an aunt they called "Hairy Toes" (yes, it's a sickening image) because she never said anything, just crept noiselessly about the house, eavesdropping and taking notes.
Sounds like a writer, doesn't it??

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow I still can't believe how generous you're being!! Congrats to the winner.

Crossing my fingers and hoping to win too ;o)

Love the pic tho. So mysterious.

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a wonderful post! And, congratulations to the winners. This is a fun month and thank you.

1:21 PM  
Blogger LauraP said...

Love that house - wouldn't that make a great setting for a gothic novel?

5:19 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I love all the photos! Sounds like there's some fun history to go with them, too.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

having trouble deciphering "vwexteto" -- help, please?

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home