Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Summer projects


Back again after a long absence, though I've been reading the posts of my fellow bloggers. Though I haven't shown up here, I have been busy with both my needles and my keyboard, working on a new book and several new projects.

The somewhat off-center picture here is of the sleeveless top and matching lace socks I made with Lion Microspun in Leaf. The yarn is very soft with a nice sheen, but a little splitty. The top is from a free pattern on the Lion website. The socks are the Gull Wings pattern from Socks, Socks, Socks. (And Barbara, how could you give up socks -- what blasphemy!)

Right now I'm working on a simple garter stitch cardigan knit in this wonderful yarn from Knit Picks, Shine Sport I chose Blueberry, a wonderful rich blue, almost denim-colored. This cardigan is to replace the ratty old thing I wear all winter in my office. The pattern calls for buttons, but I'm thinking of putting a zipper up the front. Anyone done a zipper on a knitted item? Any tips.

So that's what I've been up to. What summer projects are you working on?

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shame on sockless Barbara - tsk! tsk!. I really must try some of Knit Picks Shine. I have heard nothing but great comments about it. Nice FO's.

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found that the hardest part about putting in a zipper is finding one in the right color! I did read an interesting post by grumperina about how the length of your sweater changes if you are curvy. She walks you through how she made her zipper fit properly in the sweater. You might want to check that out if you are "curvy". (This is not a problem that I have!)

12:28 PM  
Blogger LauraP said...

Cindi - no zipper tips from me. I haven't been that brave yet.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Cindi Myers said...

Thanks for the tip, Tanya. Since this yarn is denim colored, I'm hoping finding a zipper won't be a problem. The cardigan is long and loose, so maybe the length thing won't be a problem. I have the back finished and just started on the sides. Will keep you posted.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Fran Baker said...

Welcome back, Cindi! I too have been writing. BUT I did read Wedding in Paris featuring stories by you and Barbara. Very cute! Highly recommended for Francophiles or anyone who loves a good story.

(Remind me to someday tell the story of my husband, a D-Day through VE-Day vet, and his French girlfriend, Simone.)

9:54 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous color! That would look great with my red hair. ;-)

10:51 PM  
Blogger Cindi Myers said...

Glad you liked the book, Fran!
And as a fellow redhead, Nancy, I agree on the color!

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home