Sunday, July 15, 2007

Yarnapalooza Winner #15


The very talented Rusty Morris is Yarnapalooza winner #15.
Congratulations, Rusty!
Our guest pet today is my beloved Perky - the picture was taken in February 1972. That's me holding the leash. Perks was almost three years old. (Goldisox and I were married nine months when we had a toy poodle. What can I say??)
You're looking at the second in a long and happy chain of dog sweaters my mother knitted for Perks until Perks left us in 1984 at the venerable age of 15 1/2. I remember watching my mom zip along on the sweater, her double points clicking merrily, and being amazed that anyone could manage so many needles with such skill. The sweater is a turtleneck, wide ribs (I'm thinking 4X4) from cast on to cast off. Of course there were openings for the front legs. I wish I had the pattern for it; this sweater was as close to perfect as it could be. Definitely had the pooch seal of approval.
Funny how, even after so many years, looking at Perks can still make me teary-eyed. Love, it seems, lives on.


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

Yeah my prize arrived today and is wonderful:) thank you

12:24 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

Wow, it got to England faster than if I'd sent it to Pennsylvania! I'm so glad you're happy, Amber!

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home