Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Some more '09 FOs

Okay, so these aren't pretty, but they're useful. I love to crochet "Snuggles" for shelter animals waiting for a new home. (Two strands of bulky yarn, humongous hook, single crochet or hdc, depending on my mood and the yarn itself.) You can find out all about Hugs 4 Homeless Animals by visiting this link. Click on Snuggles Project on the right under "Please Help." If you love animals and want to help, this is a terrific way to do a little stashbusting. I've done many more but haven't uploaded the photos yet.


My Red Scarf for the Red Scarf Project. This is from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson. It's the Men's Cashmere Scarf, knitted in burgundy cashmere on US9s. The truth? The sides curled and the endless length made me despair for my sanity.


And what's the point of all these winter holidays if you don't knit up some handwarmers. I went back to the wonderful, simple, tried-and-true Voodoo Handwarmers by the incredibly talented Bonne M. Burns. Noro Kureyon yarn, of course. And yes, I'm a fan of fraternal twins. Why do you ask?




Some interesting socks and a giant realization next time.

5 Comments:

Anonymous toni in florida said...

Wow! So that's what you're doing when you're not posting! I wonder: would my FO count go up like that if I stopped (or greatly reduced) my posting, too? Hmmmmm. ;-)

1:39 AM  
Blogger georg said...

I love making animal blankets - almost any shelter will happily accept them. They'll also take any towels or blankets that aren't wanted any more.

4:58 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I've thought about different ways to do some stashbusting, and that sounds like a good idea! I'll have to look into it.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

I used to always drop old towels and such at our local shelter (in the town next door to mine). My daughter even socialized cats there before she went off to college. However, the shelter got into a political battle with the town government and lost so now the shelter is gone. I have to find a new place for my old towels.

9:47 PM  
Blogger georg said...

Nancy - if ever you want an address for shelters that would love your towels, do a search on the internet, or just ask me to find you one. Even the small shelters being run out of someone's home need the help these days. Wee Paws Animal Shelter, for instance, just had their house foreclosed on them.

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home