Saturday, January 02, 2010

Some 2009 FOs - part 1

I may have been silent, but I definitely wasn't idle!

Kumara Bed Socks - pattern from Interweave Knits Holiday Gifts edition
Filatura Lanarota Luxury Cashmere




An unbelievably quick and easy knit. The pair took less than a week. The first sock took less than a day! Highly recommended.









Close-up of Kumara






The photos don't do the finished socks justice. Great pattern!








Baby UGGS - pattern from Fiber Nooks & Crannys in Corvallis, OR
I ended up adding extra lines of fluff to make them UGG-ier

Berroco Suede and unidentified white fluff




A two-hour knit. Great fun!











O Tudora! How I love thee!
Debbie Bliss Donegal Luxury Tweed





More dangerous than potato chips! Once you start knitting, I dare you to stop after one Tudora. I resisted this pattern for over a year and then something clicked and I was off and knitting. Completely irresistible.

Pure knitting pleasure!!

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger JelliDonut said...

You've been busy! Aren't those baby Uggs the cutest?

7:11 PM  
Blogger Beadknitter said...

Your socks are beautiful! The Ugg's are so cute too. I'm gonna avoid that third one there. I've got enough knitting on the needles without getting into something addictive. ;-)

I love seeing your FO's.

1:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks are beautiful, but the Ugg's are adorable. Glad you are back.

Happy New year

Camry60

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Fran Baker said...

Welcome back, Barbara. I've been knitting (and gifting) and writing. That's it. I'm almost through with the new book and will soon be doing a big stash bash with all kinds of giveaway yarns.

Oh, I'm also converting all my "old" books to Kindle format.

A Happy, Healthy New Year!!!

10:23 AM  
Blogger Sorka said...

I stopped after one Tudora!! I did.. but man I really need to pick up your new book still haven't gotten it silly me!! Oh I know why.. but anyway need to get it..

7:19 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I dunno, Tudora doesn't really interest me. I can't really see myself wearing it, and so have no desire to knit it... this may have something to do with living in an area where it's rarely cold enough for such a warm-looking cowl! (Yours looks lovely, though.)

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home