Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy 2010!


I don't know about you but 2009 couldn't leave soon enough for me. And did you notice it left on the night of the blue moon? Gotta be good luck. I refuse to accept anything less!

So here's to fresh starts, fresh ideas, fresh ways of looking at old problems. Here's to being happy with what we have while we're lucky enough to have it. Here's to aiming high and hitting the mark.

And here's to knitting. It kept me sane these last few months. Seriously. The simple act of making loops and knots with pointy sticks soothed my soul and kept me from playing in traffic.

Did I tell you my big news? I finally finished a lace project. Okay, it's only Branching Out but I did it and believe me if I can finish a lace project anyone can. (Don't tell anyone but I actually had fun. There's something mesmerizing about all those YOs and K3Togs.

We take our triumphs where we can get them! I can't wait to see what 2010's gonna bring.

So what have you been up to? I've missed you all more than you'll ever know.


Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger teabird said...

Barbara, it's so good to have you back! "Branching Out" has never cooperated with me, but I have listed it as one of this year's projects. I hope mine will be as pretty as yours.

12:58 AM  
Anonymous carol said...

That's beautiful Barbara. Welcome back and happy new year.

8:15 AM  
Blogger dobarah said...

I love your lace! Welcome back...and Happy 2010!

9:28 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Barbara,

Missed you! Oh, your Branching Out is very pretty...and lace is on my list this year!!!

When is the next book coming out? I can't believe I finished Laced with Magic and sat there with my mouth hanging open...I want MORE!!!

Hope your New Year is WONDERFUL!

12:18 PM  
Blogger JelliDonut said...

Very pretty. Congrats, and Happy New Year.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

I'm still in shock over the completed Branching Out. Me + lace usually = disaster! Turns out I enjoy it =much= more than short row heels!

12:34 PM  
Blogger rho said...

first off branching out - wow turned out great - someday I may try it - right now I am doing my first lace project a feather and fan cuff on some toe up socks :D

Second - I am kind of glad to have this whole decade at my back and am looking forward to the new year and new decade to bring all good things :D

Happy New Year to you!

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Cathy said...

Nice job on your Branching out! And I'm pretty glad that 2009 is over too. I'm hoping 2010 is much better.

10:08 AM  
Blogger georg said...

I missed you too. /hugs/

8:55 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Your Branching Out is lovely! It's a fun project, too... a very nice introduction to lace.

Welcome back, and happy 2010!

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home