Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Contest! Blog post! Hello!

Is that cool or what? It's the Knit Kit (you can read more about it here) and one lucky knitter will win one on Saturday when my Human Random Number Generator plucks a number from the cosmos. (Translation: "Hey, Goldisox! Pick a number between 1 and 8372.") (Trust me, 8372 is a wildly inflated number. Your chances are much better.)

All you have to do is send me an email here with KNITKIT in the subject header and I'll do the rest.

It's been a crazy couple of weeks around here. First I finished the sequel to CASTING SPELLS then I sent it off. Then the copy-edited version came back to me. Then I sent that off. Now the page edits are screaming for my attention this weekend. Add to that a ton of promo stuff (script for video; Author Buzz info; answering mail that's been languishing longer than I care to admit) and new proposals and I feel like my head's going to pop off.

I've been longing to knit but it's been relegated to car time only which means not much is getting done. I hope to remedy that over the weekend and cast on some new, fun stuff. (Meaning: enough already with the Lion Brand spiral socks. This girl needs some spice in her knitting life.)

Now here comes the confessional part of the program: I've been cheating on you with other blogs. Honestly, it's not you, it's me. But the truth is out there and you can see for yourself.

Part 6 of my grandmother's story is here and available now at Totebags 'n' Blogs. (Book giveaway in progress.)

Where ideas come from -- CASTING SPELLS specifically -- will be up and running here at Fang-tastic Books tomorrow. (And another giveaway.)

I hope you'll stop by and say hi.

Don't laugh but I'm going to plant tomatoes next week. It'll probably go as well as my attempts to knit lace but the gardening urge is irresistible this year. Now if we can just keep the deer and rabbits away we might get somewhere . . .

More to come on that tomorrow.

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Emilee said...

::runs to send an e-mail::

Hehehe

10:39 PM  
Blogger JC said...

KnitKit

I'm new to the blog, so I'm not sure if this is how to respond. In any case, I just finished, "Casting Spells," and loved it. Can't wait to read more of your books. Loved the knitting and magical beings. Thank you,
JC

2:05 AM  
Blogger Turtle said...

emailed you. Lol, go plant your tomatoes! We are actually trying a topsy turvy this year as well as the traditional tomatoes...although we got hail and frost last night?!?!?!

11:10 AM  
Blogger Cindi Myers said...

Now that is just the niftiest gadget! Where did you find it? The link you sent doesn't say where to get one or how much they are. So clever.

12:25 PM  
Blogger 5elementknitr said...

Good luck with your gardening! Hope it goes better then mine. I've been known to kill cactus.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

That KNITKIT is the neatest little gizmo. I MUST have one! Except I'll have to buy my own since I know the rules are bloggers can't enter our own contests. Pooh!

Good luck with the tomatoes!

4:09 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

How soon is the sequel coming out! I can't wait - and neither can a friend of mine...she took the book on a week-end vacation and had to pace herself - otherwise she wouldn't have anything to read...

4:36 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

P.S. Love the socks...

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*squeeeee!* I love to hear sequel news!

10:53 PM  
Blogger Little Miss S. said...

I just planted tomatoes out in the green house today too - they look great and big and I am so ready to get my own tomatoes... Good luck!

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOORAY! Wonderful news about the sequel to "Casting Spells". And the title will be???

Dont'cha love the knit kit? I bought one from my LYS and went back and bought a second one. My-Mother-the-Knitter will be here in June, and I know she would take mine away from me if I didn't have one for her!

--Lynda in Oregon

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home