Friday, April 10, 2009

A cast-on tease


Sure, spring's here now, but I can still feel the kiss of winter in the wee hours sometimes. So when I came across a simple pattern for a knitted balaclava, I snatched it up, grabbed some yarn, and got to work. Then ripped it out because I didn't like the cast-on. Not stretchy enough.
I searched through my knitting books and on the internet and came up with a method that was supposed to produce a VERY stretchy edge. It's not so pretty, and it initially looks like the whole mess will come unraveled. But it doesn't. This method works --
Here's the tease part . . . you have to wait for the instructions. Stay tuned . . . after I finish taxes, I'll be back here with the details.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Laura, I love you!!!!! And you know why...

2:35 PM  
Blogger Flo Moyer said...

Doing taxes--that's where I've been, too. Just have the state left to look over and mail in.

Sorry I pushed your post downward though.
Flo

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home