Thursday, April 02, 2009

FO: Funky ribbon scarf

For this scarf, I decided to channel my inner funkiness. I actually wasn't sure I had any inner funkiness to channel but you expert Yarnies told me not to block it, just to let it march to its own drummer, so I did. As always, following your good advice paid off. In fact, I like the scarf so much that I couldn't resist modeling it myself because it looks better on a person than on a table. So here I am, looking as close to funky as I am capable of doing:

I went with fringe because I like the flutter and sway of it. But again, you warned me against the dangers of trying to make it look neat and tidy (always my first impulse) so I did big fat tassels and did not trim the ends to be even with each other.
It gives the fringe wonderful movement and stays very much in keeping with the loosey-goosey feel of the scarf.
I think my Darling Daughter will love it!
A very hearty thanks for all of your wonderful input! You guys are the best!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Fran Baker said...

Oh, Nancy, I love it! You funky chick, you.

7:19 PM  
Blogger LisaB said...

Its gorgeous, the next one will be even funkier!

9:30 PM  
Blogger Renna said...

That is an awesome scarf, and you look quite lovely ..er..funky in it! ;-)

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Cathy said...

Awesome!

11:14 AM  
Blogger Cindi Myers said...

Great scarf, Nancy. I love it.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Thanks, guys, for not laughing at my funky self! ;-)

6:09 PM  
Blogger yoder178 said...

what ribbon and yarn did you use for your scarf? Also which pattern for your funky ribbon scarf. Love it!!!

8:35 AM  
Blogger yoder178 said...

what ribbon and yarn did you use for your scarf? Also which pattern for your funky ribbon scarf. Love it!!!

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home