Thursday, March 26, 2009

CLOSED Feel like a contest?

And the winner is . . . Karen Russo!

It's been a crazy week or so around here. Lots of running around which, quite frankly, feels fantastic after being cooped up writing for so many months. The next book is already taking shape and I know it won't be long before I'm a total writing bot again, a zombie at the laptop, so I'm taking advantage of my freedom while I can.

But that doesn't mean we can't have another contest.How about some gorgeous Elann Pure Bamboo? Four skeins of #314, Devonshire Cream. (Don't you love yarn names? They're almost as good as nail polish shade names.) (Man, was that a clumsy sentence.) You can read all about Pure Bamboo right here.

And you can enter the contest right here by sending me an email with BAMBOO in the subject header. The winner will be posted Saturday night.

Turns out I'll have two books out this summer. Berkley is reissuing GIRLS OF SUMMER in trade paperback on July 7th. The cover is wonderful and the book is a favorite of mine. You can visit my website to read a chapter or two and see what you think.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Renna said...

I often wondered how yarn makers come up with the names for their yarns, but I do particularly like the name of this one.

Congratulations on the book release, and release!

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the new the cover on your book. I enjoyed it years ago, will have to reread this one when it comes out. I assume those are you sexy legs on the cover? lol!

Ellen

7:52 AM  
Blogger georg said...

Congrats on the re-release!

My dyer has fun coming up with names for her yarns. Sometimes the names are because it's obvious like Bacon and Embers. Sometimes they were for a reason - there's a colorway called "For Georg" because her 5-year-old daughter designed it to send to me, and then everyone else wanted the same. But Bruised Ego? Teenage Romance? I have no idea where those names came from.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Girls of Summer is being re-issued! That's cool!!!

Just finished - Casting Spells - and I loved it...it was very good and hard to put down.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Turtle said...

lol, I am a nail tech and used to dream of the namers of polish sitting with drinks tossing names around. Maybe the yarn namers do the same! (at least in my dreams!)

6:01 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Barbara, what a fabulous cover on your reissue! You must be thrilled!

8:55 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I'm so happy about the yarn and the cover reminds me of home--the Florida Keys!!

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home