Wednesday, March 18, 2009

New installment of Grandma's story




If you've been following my grandmother's amazing life story, there's a new installment posted today at Totebags 'n' Blogs. I hope you'll stop by and take a look. (This episode takes her from England to New Zealand to England to America.)

The images are scans of a "real postcard" which is an actual photo turned into a mailing card. (They were popular around 1905-1915 or thereabouts.) The card was sent from New Zealand by my great-grandfather Charley to the daughter Edith (Dede), the daughter they left behind in England. "Sold" is probably a better word.

Like my husband says, my family is small but volatile.

Back later with more.

WELCOME, TERRI!

1 Comments:

Blogger Flo Moyer said...

I love your scans of the postcards from the early 1900's. My mom inherited one of those with a picture of my great-grandmother in her early twenties on the front, done up in gorgeous fashion. Writing on the back and postmarked and all. I wish I could get the thing from my mom, but she won't let loose of it. Neat!

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home