Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Thank You For Including Me ~ New Resident Here


I want to say a huge thank-you to Barbara, my new friend, for inviting me to participate here at Romancing The Yarn with all of you. I look forward to getting to know the rest of the resident bloggers here and catching up on many of the past entries.

My debut novel with Kensington Publishers will be released this November. SPINNING FORWARD is women's fiction and of course it has to do with yarn and knitting. My main character ends up relocating from Massachusetts to Cedar Key, Florida (the island where I happen to live) and opens a yarn shop, where she spins dog and cat fur into yarn. After being married to a physician for twenty-eight years, Sydney Webster's upscale life falls apart when he's killed in a car crash. And two weeks after she buries him, a sheriff shows up at her door to evict her from that posh home. Unknown to Sydney, hubby was also a compulsive gambler. Packing up her few belongings, Boxer dog, yarn and spinning wheel she travels to Cedar Key, where her best friend from college owns the B&B on the island. Hoping to find her identity at age fifty-two, Sydney ends up finding much more than she bargained for.

As far as knitting, I'm working on a couple of projects right now. Maybe it's the compulsive part of knitting, but I never seem to have only one work going at a time. One of the things I'm working on is a sweater/jacket for me. Figured it was about time I make something for myself. I've included the photo in this post. If anyone would like the free pattern for it, just email me at terridulong@bellsouth.net and I'd be more than happy to email you a copy.

Again, to all the resident bloggers here and especially Barbara, I look forward to joining you at Romancing The Yarn.

And I'll see you here next time.............


6 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Terri, a very warm welcome to you here at RTY! Love the sweater. What color are you doing it in?

Your book sounds fabulous! I look forward to reading it in November.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Renna said...

Your book sounds very intriguing!

I also love your sweater, the style, and the color. :-)

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blog! Your book intrigues me--I'll have to hunt it down when it's released.

10:36 AM  
Blogger LisaB said...

Not a writer but a reader and I would love to read your book! Not only does it include spinning and knitting which I love, but its character is NOT 19! Yay

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you to everyone for such a warm welcome!
Nancy....I'm doing my sweater/jacket in a pale gray. Figured it would go with everything.
Lisa....Ooooh, you're one of my favorite people. A READER! I'm sure the rest of the gang here will agree with that. AND yes...since I turned 62 myself yesterday, I find it difficult relating to 19 year olds in novels.
Terri
http://www.islandwriter.net

8:30 PM  
Blogger Rachael Herron said...

Your book sounds wonderful! I can't wait to read it. Welcome!

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home