Friday, July 18, 2008

Winners 17 & 18 . . . and A Plan

Let's take care of the fun stuff first. Winners #17 and #18 are:

Elizabeth and Martha! Congratulations to both of you. I'll ship your prizes tomorrow.

I had a brainstorm last night. A true Eureka! moment. You know how you blink your eyes and it's the end of September and the holidays are starting to breathe down your neck and you know you'll never in a million years finish all the things you want to finish for the people you love and why didn't you start knitting sooner . . . like back in July?

Yep. I'm starting. Actually let me amend that: I've started. I decided (this is brilliant) (it really is) to cast on for a number of the items I know I want to knit up as gifts. Maybe do a row or two just to truly commit myself to the project. Bag 'em in Ziplocs with all the necessary yarns, needles, extra doodads. That way I can reach for a bag in spare moments and actually accomplish something other than moaning about how I'd love to be working on another Vintage Velvet scarf but I just don't feel like casting on and knitting the onerous first row.

Last night I started a bright yellow and white Baby Surprise Jacket in Berroco Comfort on Addi Lace 24" US6s and a pair of pink Regia Silk socks on 32" Knit Picks Options #3, Magic Loop. I want to start two Vintage Velvet scarves, restart the Sea Foam scarf, and (even though I swore I'd never knit another one) a Fiesta La Boheme Famous Shawl, and a sweater for Goldisox. Pattern to be determined. Oh yeah, and continue working on the Elizabeth Zimmermann Garter Stitch Blankets . . . and the Log Cabin.

And write a book.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

It's good to have a plan... ;-)

11:02 PM  
Blogger teabird said...

I have a plan for a particularly beautiful skein of pink Smooshy --- a Knitty ribbon scarf --- and I have a book to read with my tea this weekend...

Plans are good.

(thank you!)

11:04 PM  
Blogger T.M. said...

Plans are always good things to blow out the window,aren't they? :) You are much more ambititous than I.

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think starting several projects just to get past the cast-on / first row onus is a great idea. Although I did consider starting this comment with, "Dear Barbara, I'm concerned you don't have enough to do these days, and are getting bored..."

6:32 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Good plan! I am all for getting an early start on the Christmas gifts. I am actually using Summer of Socks as an excuse to knit socks for some of my loved ones. I've got three pairs stashed away already. My issue is that whenever I finish a pair I want to keep them!

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home