Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Prodigal Knitter


The thing about prolonged silences is that they usually seem much more mysterious than they really are.

I was going to tell you that I had been plucked off the streets of central NJ by the captain of an alien spaceship and whisked off to the rings of Saturn where I participated in a marketing research survey for an advertising company interested in tapping into the earthling consumer base but I figured you probably wouldn't buy it.

See that book cover? That's what I've been up to. It took longer than I expected and took me to places I never thought I'd go but I finally reached the end a few weeks ago and am now feeling my way through chapter one of the sequel. The unnamed sequel. Right now I'm calling it CASTING SPELLS 2 which, all things considered, is a pretty crappy title. Let's hope I come up with something better soon!


CASTING SPELLS will be on the stands around Halloween and I'll be posting an excerpt on my website in June so please stick around.

More tomorrow.

Really.

Why are you looking at me like that? Don't you trust me? Just wait. I promise I'll make it up to you.

And while I have your attention, did I mention how much I missed you guys? I've been reading you faithfully but extracurricular typing was more than my hands could manage.

It's so good to be back.

14 Comments:

Blogger Cindi Myers said...

Welcome back, Barbara. The new book looks wonderful -- love the title!

12:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH!

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! And I think I want to read that book, based on the cover alone... :)

8:22 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

Congratulations; I knew you were up to something good. From the cover, may I presume there is high fiber-content in this one?? ;)

10:15 AM  
Blogger Sunset Knitter said...

So glad to read your news! I've become a huge fan of yours!

1:15 PM  
Blogger kshotz said...

Yeah! This looks like a definite read!! Happy to know all is well and the aliens let you come back.

Kim

5:04 PM  
Blogger Fran Baker said...

Welcome home, woman! Love the new book cover. Can't wait to read the book.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

OMG, what a fabulous cover!!!! I LOVE it! Can't WAIT to read the book!

8:23 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

For a while there I had a cover and NO BOOK to put inside it. ACK!

11:56 PM  
Blogger WendyKnits said...

I missed you! I was getting ready to send out a search party . . .

8:01 AM  
Blogger georg said...

/happydance

Silence isn't golden when you're straining your ears.

12:57 AM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Okay, that's scary to have a cover and no book to go in it. Very scary! Especially when the cover promises so much. :-)

6:52 PM  
Blogger Janet Spaeth said...

Judge a book by a cover? Most definitely! I'm for sure getting this one. Looks great!

I'm also a romance writer and a knitter but I just found this blog and, in the famous words of somebody else: I'll be back...

2:12 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

Hi again, everyone! Janet, if you see this, please drop me a note at barbara@barbarabretton.com - thanks!

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home