Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Full disclosure: This has nothing to do with knitting



In spring, a middle-aged woman's thoughts turn to...THE HOCKEY PLAYOFFS!!!!

Yes, that's me with my "cheer towel" (you wave it around to encourage your team and it sheds white fuzzies everywhere) at Game 1 of the playoffs. Alas, my beloved but offensively challenged Devils were defeated by the New York Rangers 4-1. But it's only the first game of a "best of seven" series so there's plenty more action to come.


Here the Devils take the ice.


The world's greatest goalie Martin Brodeur watching the action at the other end of the rink.


Your basic hockey scrum.


The best the scoreboard looked all night: tied 1-1 at the end of the second period.

I know there are other hockey fans on this blog. So who are you rooting for this spring?

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger dobarah said...

Although I'm into Red, I need a C with mine...I'm a Calgary Flames fan! My dear boy even wore the knee high Flames socks to the prom this last Saturday...and there were 2 more Flames fans in tuxedos. Photos are on my blog!

May our teams win this best of 7!

11:56 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I live in Sharks Territory. And I work a whole lot closer to said territory. So... though I am not particularly a hockey fan, I am rooting for the Sharks.

3:46 AM  
Blogger Ginny said...

I'm a Jersey Girl through and through. I was there, and I'll be there tomorrow night.
Go Devs!


Ginny

7:14 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Wahoo! Fellow hockey fans!

I'm not as familiar with the Western Conference teams so I got out my Hockey News (my husband gave me a subscription for Christmas and I love it). They think the Sharks have a 5-1 chance of winning, second only to the Ducks at 4-1. Calgary comes in at 20-1--sorry, Debbie!

Ginny, I wasn't there tonight but I saw the score (and I'm about to go watch the recording we made of the game since we were out). I'm very, very depressed. How are you staying upbeat?

11:35 PM  
Blogger Ginny said...

Nancy -
I was not happy at all.

However - I feel much better tonight!

I think the fact that I put the home game 3 tickets in my wallet yesterday as a show of confidence did the trick.

I'm glad it was a short OT, because it was wearing me out.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

LOL, Ginny, I was exhausted by the end of last night's game too. And I just found out that we're not getting tickets to Friday's game. :-( I'll be glued to the television though. You'll have to do all the cheering for both of us.

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home