Monday, April 21, 2008

Distractions

Here are some of the reasons why I haven't been getting much knitting done lately. I was setting up a photo of the current project on the needles. A puppy squeaked, and of course I had to go see why. Just because they're so cute. And sweet. And soft.

So I set the knitting down AWAY from the puppies and rescued the one who'd wriggled out of the dog bed. They all woke up. They all heard me. It's amazing how fast they can scoot. I rescued the yarn before they could do too much damage or the needles could hurt one of them.

The project - a neck cozy from Patternworks, free with purchase of a skein of Koigu Premium Merino. If it works out, I plan to make lots of them. The older I get, the more careful I have to be about keeping my neck muscles warm. This nifty little neck cozy is just what I need when a regular neck scarf's too bulky or too warm. The pattern is simple, the yarn's awesome and knits so smoothly without splitting.

I'm taking this and an extra skein to a writers retreat this weekend. With luck, I'll come back with two finished neck cozies. That means a warm neck, protected from the breeze, in those early morning gardening sessions. Warm neck, less neck pain, more time at the keyboard, more writing. It's a win-win situation.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I want one - a puppy that is, not a neckwarmer (though those are nice too). Someday when I get into a place that allows pets and has at least a small yard...

11:13 AM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Those puppies are adorable! I wouldn't get a thing knitted with them around because I'd spend all my free time playing with them. They grow up so fast; you have to enjoy them while they're cute and little (kind of like children).

11:41 AM  
Blogger Cindi Myers said...

Ooh, there's nothing like puppies -- so soft and cuddly!

12:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Oh, they're so cute! And I'm glad neither they nor the knitting was harmed when they went on their explore.

12:04 PM  
Blogger LauraP said...

Nancy - that's what's happening. It's puppy-puppy, all day long around here.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home