Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sock It To You!

This Cascade Fixation sock yarn was too good to pass up. Not only was it a steal (I got it out of the sale basket at my LYS), it encompassed some of my favorite spring colors: new grass green, lilac, and peony pink.

So here's what I did. I bought two balls for one of you and two balls for me.

I'll draw a name for the yarn on Monday, April 21, so if you're interested, send an email to Fran AT FranBaker DOT com and put Cascade in the subject line.

Good luck!

Fran

P.S. The yarn is 98.3% cotton and 1.7% elastic.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fran,
I love to work with this yarn.
If you're looking for a great pattern check out one called THE PRETTY COMFY SOCK. It's free on the internet.
The instructions are very clear and on one site she even lays out small boxes for you to check off as you knit the rows.

You found a great deal!

8:20 AM  
Blogger Fran Baker said...

I'll check that out, Linda. Thanks!

You're right about the great deal. My LYS puts their sale stuff in baskets in the back of the store. And they really mark stuff down. There was some Noro I wish I'd bought at the time. When I went back, it was gone. C'est la vie.

Right now I'm finishing up a felted purse I made from leftover yarn. Then I bought a bunch of lime green Silky on sale that I'm going to make up into a lightweight sweater. Then back to socks.

8:57 AM  
Blogger monica said...

Summer sock weather is quick approaching. The Fixation is the perfect color.

2:29 PM  
Blogger georg said...

Hooray! Sock yarn!

I like this stuff for my diabetic neighbor's feet.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Fran,
I took a toe-up class from Don and he has a sock recipe on his blog http://yarmando.blogspot.com/ that makes a good sock. I love it since I don't have pick up stitches for the gusset and do the kitchner stitch for the toes. Bonus: picture with the instructions.
~Laura

3:36 PM  
Blogger Cindi Myers said...

Ooh, I've been lusting after this yarn at my LYS. I'll have to look for that sock pattern, too.

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful color

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home