Friday, August 17, 2007

Snowflake Sock Update


Two full pattern repeats. One more to go and then it's heel flap time.

Working this pattern is like having an open bag of barbecued potato chips next to you: you can't help dipping in for just one more.
Lorna's Laces Shepherd Socks Sport in Navy and Natural. US3 circulars. Magic Loop method. (The pattern specified US2 but that didn't work for me. As it is, stranding creates a firmer, less elastic fabric. I wanted a little more wiggle room.)
The heathery blue squid gained another inch yesterday. Ten or so more to go before it's time to do the collar and sleeves.
And I can't believe I'm typing this, but I'll probably cast on for the Kata/Felicity scarf this afternoon.
And a dishcloth.
And--??
Like I said, the Knitting Bug is back.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could be worse--at least beaded lace hasn't hit your radar yet. I'm cheerfully plodding along on the Mystery Stole 3 (aka Swan Lake) with tiny little beads, and lace weight alpaca....and having entirely too much fun. I think the latest (and last) clue is out...I should go check.

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sock is working up SO NICE! I love it. Again, keep us posted.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Fran Baker said...

Oh, Barbara, that's beautiful. LOL about the knitting bug. I think these dishcloths have infected me with that darn bug as well!

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home