Saturday, August 04, 2007

From the goodness of my heart . . .

. . . and because if I'm going to be buried in a giant mountain of yarn I want company, I bring you a few more yarnal temptations:

Herrschners - you do know about Herrschner's, don't you? Kind of old school in feel, lots of stamped and counted cross stitch, some embroidery kits, and lots and lots of surprisingly upscale yarn choices (e.g. Noro, Debbie Bliss) at very good prices when on sale. Sign up for their sale email notifications and pay attention! The good stuff literally flies out the door within an hour or so.

Wool Needle Work - odd name, great selection at nice discounts. I think it's a Canadian company.

Alpaca Direct - not necessarily sale priced, but gorgeous stuff. (Not just yarn, btw, but other alpaca-related items)

I'm having way too much fun working the neck-down cardigan. Highly recommended pattern.

And did I tell you I joined Ravelry? I need another knitting time sink like I need a hole in the head, but their stash management section is FAN-TAS-TIC! I've only typed in a tiny percentage of my stash but I'm loving the experience. Oh, and there's this: you can enter your books in a personal "library" and the covers magically appear on bookshelves! (I'm a sucker for stuff like that--don't ask how much time I spent playing with that feature.) I'm "wickedsplitty" on Ravelry. If you're there, please say hello!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Cindi Myers said...

I just wanted to say I started my first top-down cardigan and I absolutely love it! Thank you for recommending this, Barbara. I'm amazed at how fast it's going, and how great it works. I definitely want to try a pullover sweater like this.

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home