Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Crazy Time


It's official. I've totally completely absolutely lost it. "It" being my sanity, of course. Goodbye, one project at a time. Hello, pandemonium!

I'm still working on the top-down cardigan for Goldisox. I keep trying to get a halfway decent photo but at this point (about four inches past the divide-for-sleeves part; maybe 16 inches altogether) it looks like a heathery blue squid. I'll try again tomorrow but no promises. Normally working on a big project like this would be more than enough for me, especially since I'm not the world's fastest knitter and would really like to finish this by the time the weather turns cold enough to wear it.

But I hadn't counted on the Fall issue of Interweave Knits. I told you about it last week: a real occasion of sin for the weak-willed knitters among us. I cast on late Sunday night for the Snowflake Socks and did the CC beginning of the cuff. No knitting Monday but Tuesday I jumped on it and finished the cuff and the first pattern repeat and I am in L-U-V. Bad 60s spelling and all. Lorna's Laces Shepherd Socks Sport in Natural and Navy. KnitPicks Options US3.

I can't tell you the last time I had so much fun with needles and yarn. Will the sock actually be wearable? Who knows. Actually, who cares. I'll probably frame these puppies.
The Outback Mohair Scraps shawl continues apace. I'll keep knitting as long as I keep digging up scraps of yarn.
The yarn for the Composed Mitts is on its way. And, after great fuss and much sleuthing, I tracked down the last remaining two skeins of discontinued Hunter Green cashmere on line at a greatly reduced price which makes my scarf plan for a dear friend's Big Number birthday later this year eminently do-able. The plan is for the Kata/Felicity Scarf in Tara Jon Manning's Mindful Knitting book.
So how's your Knitting Week shaping up?

5 Comments:

Blogger dobarah said...

I"m in LUV too! While browsing through this latest issue, I was oogling these socks also. Please keep us updated!

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Barbara, those socks are GREAT! Keep us posted with the progress.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

I might stop right now, before I have a chance to screw them up!!

9:11 AM  
Blogger Nephele said...

Ahh, you know you want to finish them -- and we want to see you do it! I'm eyeing that pattern but I haven't started yet. I'm thinking I'll do red and white and make them my christmas socks.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Cindi Myers said...

That snowflake is gorgeous! I've never attempted anything so ambitious. Is it very difficult?

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home