Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Observations . . .


Daughter 1: Hey Mom, the FedEx truck is here, and the guy won't get out. I think he's scared of the dogs.
Me: Must be new.
Daughter 2: He's cute. Come look.
Me: I don't have a shirt on. You rescue him.
Door slams. Dogs stop barking. Time passes.
Door opens.
Daughter 1, walking back inside: Hey Mom, you got a box from Interweave Press.
Me: My scratch-n-dent knitting books! Give me the box!
Daughter 1: Stay away from the window, Mom! He's still out there.
Daughter 2: He's cute.
Me, emerging from the hallway, having changed from my stinky barn-cleaning clothes into something less fragrant: Hey, the new FedEx guy's cute.
Daughter 1, already opening the box: Yeah, and he brought dog biscuits.
Daughter 2: Not the green ones. (This is important because my dogs dislike the green ones.)
Daughter 1: Yeah, the old FedEx guy must've warned him. Look, she got a book of dog sweater patterns.
Daughter 2 sneers in disgust: I can't believe you're going to make yippy dog sweaters.
Me: I need coats for the winter lambs & goat kids. The patterns should work for them.
Daughter 2: Oh, that's okay then.
Daughter 1 holds up the books: Hey, what do men and dogs have in common?
Hint: Check out the photo above.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so luckey!! FedEx can't even find my house, they deliver to your house and even bring the dogs treats!! Amazing!

Theresa N.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Lori's Light Extemporanea said...

Too too funny! I love the Men in Knits book. I got a pattern out of it for my hubby. I really like the one on the front, and so did he, but he thought he'd wear the basketweave jacket more often.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Cindi Myers said...

LOL -- my dog had the FedEx guy cornered when I went out yesterday -- and he was next door! Fortunately, he took it in good humor.

No books for me yet. I hope they arrive!

BTW, my dogs don't like the green biscuits either.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Kenyetta said...

they both have on the same sweater!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

Laura, you are going to =love= MEN IN KNITS! (An aside: I was just telling Dallas about it yesterday during our 2.5 hour marathon phone call.) Check out Jack's Aran Cardigan on page 44 -- probably the most beautiful example of cables I've ever seen in a man's sweater -- rich, dense, forest green. Wonderful!

2:19 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Oh, oh, oh! You got Scarf/Style! Check out Lady Eleanor, my all-time favorite thing to knit. Love it, love it, love it!

P.S. Your daughters sound a lot like mine--highly entertaining.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Fran Baker said...

LOL, Laura! Quite astute, that Daughter 1.

Got my Patches in Brights, CO my marble cardigan ... and my hands broke out. The wool. I'm allergic to it. Didn't even think about it. Sent the Patches back and am searching for an acceptable substitute.

10:28 PM  
Blogger LauraP said...

I'm in serious lust here . . . all Jack's cardigan, the Lady Eleanor shawl, which doesn't seem quite so intimidating as I first thought, and all those yarn links Barbara keeps posting. And lucky me, NOT allergic to wool!

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home