Friday, August 10, 2007

I'm Really Really Sorry but --

I'm apologizing in advance for what I'm about to do to you but I am, as has been noted, an enabler.

So here's the story. I've been once again bitten by the Wash Cloth Bug. Yes, the same Wash Cloth Bug that bit my butt last year and sent me into a shrieking, hideous fit of borderline insanity as I struggled with Cotton Chenille and pretty much cursed up a storm between knits and purls. I made the mistake of thumbing through Mason-Dixon Knitting again and there were those damn dish cloths and those double damn wash cloths and all that praise for Peaches and Creme (sic) yarn and well, I caved.

I'm easy. I'm a roundheels when it comes to yarn and knitting. A streetwalkin' hussy who would ply her trade in front of Patternworks in NH or WEBS in MA if she wasn't 57 . . .

I have to knit the Ball Band Dishcloth. I absolutely have to. It's out of my control. There's some force dragging me, kicking and screaming, back into the fray.

But what is that Peaches & Creme yarn? How do you find it if you don't have a LYS? I did a bit of Googling and found some goodies.

You can order Peaches & Creme directly from the manufacturer (Elmore-Pisgah)!! It's dirt cheap! Shipping was dirt cheap! The colors are gorgeous! And they even take Pay Pal.

Click here to visit them and see what I mean.

The other oft mentioned source for kitchen cotton is Lion Brand, an old favorite of mine. Did you know you can order directly from the Lion Brand website? All those wonderful yarns, every color they make, easy as pie. And they ship at the speed of light too. (Something I know from experience.) Their kitchen yarn is available right here. (Lion Cotton yarn as opposed to Cotton-Ease, which is geared toward knitted wearing apparel.)

I figured out that I tinked over 1000 stitches yesterday. No wonder I'm cranky. Ten more rows and I can divide for the sleeves and continue down the body of the sweater from hell. Okay, so it's not really the sweater from hell but it's going to make me a few more days to recover from the horror of it all.

To be continued . . .

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just finished my 7th wash cloth and bought more Peaches n' Cream at Wal-Mart.

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually get my Peaches n Cream at Wal-mart too. Mine doesn't have a great selection, though, so if I want a wild selection, I usually go across the river to the Ben Franklin. They have Sugar n Cream, which is pretty much the same thing, but made by a Canadian company.

9:54 AM  
Blogger kshotz said...

Walmart is a good outlet...as is Hobby Lobby. I've seen it at other chain craft stores as well...like Joanne Fabrics, Micheals, etc. I just joined an illusion knitting group that does wash clothes as KAL and swaps...so I too, have been bitten by the bug! (I was just trying to make up an illusion pattern last night...will begin knitting today to see if I was successful or not!)

Oh yeah....and I just got some of the Hobby Lobby Peaches & Cream for .99 per ball! yeah!

Kim

11:27 AM  
Blogger Kenyetta said...

I have been bit too! I am working on my second gartlac and I printed tons of different ones I want to try. I use peaches n cream and sugar n cream, when Michaels has it on sale. I like the brighter colors.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Cindi Myers said...

I just wanted you to know, Barbar, that my big box from Smiley's arrived today and I am beside myself looking at all this beautiful yarn -- you enabler you!

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home