Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Darn you, Barbara!






So there I was, trying to decide what yarn to make my marble cardigan out of (this after sending back the Plymouth Patches that made my hands break out) and taking pictures of my pretty yellow Missouri primrose and my gorgeous red hibiscus when Barbara confesses all about her dishcloth festish.


What's a girl needing a project to do? Why, she buys some Sugar 'n Cream yarn, of course! And not just any Sugar 'n Cream. Oh, no. She buys Sugar 'n Cream Stripes - one ball of greens and white and one in red, white and blue - and she proceeds to emulate Barbara by making dishcloths.


So here I am, knitting dishcloths and writing my book and still trying to decide what yarn to use for my marble cardigan. But at least I have something to do. And for that, I suppose I really should say, "Thank you, Barbara!"

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Well, at least the dishcloths (and flowers) look nice! So it's something to do and pleasing to the eye to boot. I guess a "thank you" is in order. Unless the dishcloths are taking up too much time that they really shouldn't be taking...

I so far have managed to avoid dishcloths. Which is good. Lace and socks take up too much of my time as it is.

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The colors are very pretty. I haven't seen the striping yarn in any of the local stores here. I guess I shall look a tad harder.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Fran Baker said...

I didn't know S'nC came in stripes either, Carol. But I really love it. The first dishcloth is almost done and it looks terrific - lots of color but no ends to weave in. And I have to tell you ... I'm the world's worst end-weaver.

Oh, I was just teasing, Nicole. I'm glad Barbara got me going again. I haven't been knitting this summer and the dishcloths are the perfect way to get me back in the groove.

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dishcloths are wonderful small projects. I always have one on the needles.
I haven't tried the striping yarn though. Guess I'd better get some to try. :~)

12:59 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I figured that you were teasing. :) I was intending to tease back, but the Day Job has kept me so busy lately that it's amazing I have the energy to knit when I get home. Humor is one of the first things to go when I'm that busy, I'm afraid...

Wish me luck!

7:35 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

I always wanted to be an Evil Woman. Who knew it would end up with me as a Knitting Enabler?? We want progress pictures, Fran!

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home