Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Too Much Isn't Even Close To Enough!



I'm on a knitting high. I want to start fifteen new projects. I want to knit for a living. I want to roll around in yarn, decorate my person with stitch markers, and paper the walls with lace charts.

The second I finished the baby sweater I was on fire to start something new. I've been digging around in stash, searching for exactly the right yarns and have been rewarded with some lovely choices.

See the mustachioed gentleman over there? I'm going to knit that for Goldisox (probably with buttons at his request, although I lean toward the ziper) in a gorgeous heathered medium blue Elann Peruvian Highland Chunky wool. The pattern is another one of those fabulous top-downs from Knitting Pure and Simple.

Remember how I raved about the new Vogue Knitting last week? Well, the new Interweave Knits arrived today and I swear to you I am in a Yarn Swoon right now. It's close to the perfect issue, second only to my beloved Spring 2004, the sight of which causes me to hyperventilate. This issue is rich with patterns, articles, ideas, magic. You know how some magazines practically levitate off the stands and into your hands? I swear this one spiraled out of my mailbox, up the driveway, and into my heart. If you need something to reactivate your knitting mojo, baby, this is it!

Take a look for yourself.


























See that handsome man on page 55? I think that's Jared Flood, aka Brooklyn Tweed, the designer and knitter of that gorgeous Cobblestone Pullover. Knitters, it's knit in the round! The only seams are underarm seams! It's shown in Classic Elite Skye Tweed and -- even better news -- CEST is ON SALE RIGHT NOW at WEBS for $3.29 and $3.99 per skein, depending on color.

And how about the Snowflake Socks? Chrissy Gardiner designed them. The chart is easy-peasy and (how cool is this?) they're knitted up in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport which means faster progress.

Last but not least, I practically danced around the room when I saw Michele Rose Orne's Composed Mitts. Probably not the easiest knit on the planet but OMG would they be worth it! She uses Blue Sky Alpaca Sport Weight on US4s.

Great designs! Great textures! Great colors! Hottie designers! Short of delivering itself with a pitcher of margaritas and a cabana boy, IK couldn't have done any better.

8 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Re: p. 55. I'll take the guy; you can knit the sweater. We'll see who has more fun. LOL!

10:48 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Besides I've had my fill of sweaters for the time being.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

You need to get felted, Nancy . . . ;^)

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girls, girls, girls..that's enough!

Barbara, the sweater is great but, like you, the mitts are it!! I'm buying the issue just for that pattern.
Oh, and the contest yarn arrived (I was winner #20) and it is sooo beautiful. Thank you again.

Okay,girls, now continue~~~:)

8:37 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Those are some yummy knits. And a yummier model... ^.~

Though I think I'd be happier with the margaritas and the cabana boy.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Cindi Myers said...

Gorgeous men -- and gorgeous sweaters! I agree that the mitts are to die for.

Must be something in the air - I've bought yarn this week for four different projects. Can't wait to dive into them.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

I see no reason why Mr. Page 55 can't be the cabana boy. I can easily picture him with a pitcher of margaritas in his hand....

And Barbara, I plan to get felted as soon as I finish the *&*&%^$^% sweater. ;-)

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROTFLMhineyO - (no bad language here - ;-)) - whilst reading your first paragraph and it just got better. You are too funny! Although I totally agree with you about the two issues this fall - they are stellar. Now I must go look up my Spring 2004 IW.......

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home