Friday, August 17, 2007

The finished sweater


I'm very happy with how it turned out. I made this to replace what I refer to as my 'writing sweater' -- the sweater that hangs on the back of the chair in my office, which I wear almost every day during Spring, Winter and Fall. My previous writing sweater was a thrift-shop find that I bought for $5 seven years ago. It was thoroughly worn out, with holes and stains.

This new sweater has the same loose fit and soft feel, long with pockets. To recap, it's the One-Stitch cardigan from Lion Brand knit on number 8 needles with Main Line in Blueberry. The trim is some Wool Ease I had in my stash. I opted for a zipper instead of buttons.

Now back to the top-down cardigan I'm knitting for my mother-in-law. I'm definitely a fan of top-down knitting now.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cindi, that sweater looks so nice and comfy. This will be added to my todo list. It looks wonderful!

12:28 PM  
Blogger Fran Baker said...

Gorgeous, Cindi!

I may have to rethink that marble cardigan idea of mine ...

12:53 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Very nice! It looks like a great sweater for writing in. I really think I need to knit myself a cardigan... all of my sweaters so far have been short sleeve or tank sweaters. (The hazards of California knitting, I'm afraid!)

1:00 PM  
Blogger Dallas Schulze said...

Looks toasty and comfy, perfect for writing.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Kenyetta said...

The sweater looks nice. I wish I had the attention span to finish one.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

I love, love, love this, Cindi! How tough was zipper application? I have experience sewing zippers into clothing but I've never tried applying a zipper to a knitted garment.

My "writing sweater" is an 11 year old red zip-front cardigan from The Gap. It's cotton, that fake cable-y pattern you get on mass-produced machine-made items. It hangs to mid-thigh, the zipper is a big old industrial strength monstrosity, and I love it so much I'd like to duplicate it by hand!

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home