Wednesday, October 11, 2006

SOCK HOP - Great KNITTY Pattern for 2-needle socks!


I'm so excited! I emailed Elizabeth and not only is she gracious and kind enough to allow us to post a photo of her fabulous socks, it turns out she's a published novelist in the U.K.! Is this a small world or what? I'll post her titles as soon as I have them. (More great books to read!)

Knitty has a fabulous, truly fabulous, pattern for straight needle socks in the current issue.

CLICK HERE!

The designer is Elizabeth Allen and her bio says in part: She got into sock knitting when Santa gave her a copy of Cat Bordhi's book Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles. However, Elizabeth's socks didn't. So she tried dpns, but preferred wrestling with a tarantula. Thus the Socks on Two Sticks were born.

The socks are quick, easy, and have a bit of pizzazz to them. Check 'em out!

2 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

Where is the seam on these 2 needle socks? I have a great pattern of 2-needle mittens, but I am having trouble imagining where a seam could go on a sock that would be comfortable to wear. I like how they look! And the color is very pretty!

7:25 PM  
Blogger kshotz said...

I was wondering the same thing about the seam.....certainly can't spot one in the photo!

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home