Saturday, October 14, 2006

Holy cow! I got it!!!!

Okay, so I was visiting with friends and screwed up on the later rows and had to ::sniff:: frog it? Is that the phrase?

But...I sat down this afternoon when I couldn't write anymore, got really quiet and read THE Wendy's toe-up heel-turning description. Still didn't--my fault not yours, TW--understand where I was going, but I took a leap of faith and just started. Did fine until the aforesaid visiting and went astray, but...

I GET IT!!!! I can see how this heel thing works! Got to redo it, yes, but that's no biggie--IGETIT, IGETIT, IGETIT...oh joy, oh rapture, it makes sense--yeeeeehah!!!!

Jean, the happy sock virgin

4 Comments:

Blogger Fran Baker said...

Yay, Jean! It's such a good feeling when you GETIT!!! Knowing you, everything will be perfect when it's done. Just keep at it. THE Wendy's book does help ... I read and follow directions and think I'm not getting anywhere. And then, voila! IGETit!

8:56 AM  
Blogger Dallas Schulze said...

Congratulations, Jean! The first time I successfully turned a heel, I followed the directions blindly, all the while thinking that it made no sense and couldn't possibly work. I still remember that moment when I realized that it was working and I was making a heel. I can turn a heel in my sleep now but it still gives me a little thrill.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

Jean, hooray! I firmly believe that as knitters our hands know things our poor brains can't begin to comprehend. I can read instructions until the cows come home but I don't really understand anything until I have my needles in my hands.

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay Jean! Don't you just love those AHA moments? I can never understand a thing from reading knitting instructions, but have learned to trust that everything will make sense in the end. And hey, knitting is a very safe place to practice taking leaps of faith.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home