Saturday, November 21, 2009

Ah, the Editing

I'm heading into round one of serious edits, folks, and that also means round one of the serious edits on the sweater pattern that goes with my book.

And that means new yarn.

It's hard see how luscious this color is here on the screen, but this is a brown with a ruddy undertone:

It's Lorna Lace's Shepherd Worsted, color Echo, and it's the second prototype for this sweater. Book Two of the Cypress Hollow Yarns Series needs a little more internal conflict on the heroine's part, and Book Two's sweater needs a better neckline, I think. I need to write it more clearly. So I'll be working on both of those things over the holiday season. I like it a lot when my knitting and my book writing parallel each other, when my hands and my mind are working together.

I think in the future, even when my books don't have knitting in them, I think I might keep this tradition. It's nice to be working problems out in the yarn.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

That's going to be cool. I love it when there is a recipe or a pattern associated with a novel.

7:02 PM  
Blogger Turtle said...

love the color! looks nice and warm. And i agree with sara, love the little extra in the book! let us know if you enjoy knitting with the lornas, heard of it but have never knit with any before!

1:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel, I love that pattern! I'm sooo impressed that you can create them. What do you think you want to do to the neckline? The sweater looks good as is, but I'd love to hear what you'd do differently.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I love the idea of starting a sweater when you start writing/editing a novel! I may have to do that... only then I'll have to knit faster if I intend to finish anything.

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home