Thursday, January 28, 2010

And even more FOs . . .

I know what your thinking. "Did that woman do anything but knit last year?" The answer is hidden beneath a mountain of Malabrigo . . .

These are Cable Footies from ONE SKEIN by Leah Bradford. I used Filatura Lanarota Luxury Cashmere that I bought on sale from Smiley's On-Line. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get a decent photo of them. They look all floppy and formless but, trust me, they're soft and cozy. In retrospect, I probably should have used either thicker yarn or smaller needles but my niece was happy and that's what counts.


And then we have the Kumara Bed Socks from Interweave Knits Holiday Gifts 2009 - pattern by Andi Clark. And oh what a pattern it is: quick and easy. Totally intuitive once I made my Magic Loop adjustment. Pure knitting pleasure. I used more Filatura Lanarota Luxury Cashmere on size US7s. I couldn't get a decent picture of these either. (Are you beginning to see a pattern here??)


And some more shelter blankets.

Is it melodramatic to say knitting saved my sanity?

6 Comments:

Blogger kshotz said...

I think everyone would concur on the fact you're not alone...knitting has saved the sanity of many a person!
Kim in IA

10:22 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Cashmere socks. Man. Don't let my family hear about that, or they will be up in arms because I only knit them socks from regular wool.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Katminder said...

Shelter blankets? Use a pattern or just 'make it up as you go along'? I've got to make room in my stash, what a great idea!

6:58 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

I agree with Kim in IA: knitting is used as therapy by many, many of us. So no, you're not being melodramatic. That lace scarf (still unfinished, BTW) has gotten me through some scary plane flights. (Of course, I consider any plane flight scary.) Knitting is much cheaper than a therapist and you end up with something pretty/useful at the end of it.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

There's a definite emotional component to knitting for me. I've tried over the years to define it -- at least to myself -- but without success. It's there though and it's real!

11:45 PM  
Anonymous Gluten Free Recipes said...

Hi thankks for posting this

2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home