Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I Missed You!

I really did. I missed all of you so much. I've written at least ten witty and entertaining blog posts in my head the last two weeks but so far not a single one of them has made it to my keyboard. Which led me to the realization that I don't need to be witty or entertaining right now. I just need to be here with all of you and tell you that 1) I'm still alive and 2) I finished my book and 3) I've been knitting socks.

And let's face it, the socks are what's important. Nothing fancy. Just plain old vanilla heel-flap/gusset/Magic Loop cuff-down socks in Berroco Comfort and Lion Brand Wool-Ease and some unidentifiable brightly-colored sock yarn that I'd cleverly wound into two matching balls then tossed away the ball band. Clearly I like to live dangerously.

I promise lots of stuff tomorrow night or Thursday. I have to tell you about the cold that became the flu, New Year's Eve in the emergency room, the Book that Wouldn't Die, and knitting plans for 2009 and beyond.

But mostly I wanted to say hi and to let you know that I'm giving away a baker's dozen books (all mine so if you were looking for Stephen King or Harlan Coben I apologize) over at Yankee Romance Reviewers. The info is in my guest blog (which is about The Call) (you know The Call: the "I want to buy your book" call) which you can find right here.

I'm so glad to be back among the knitting again!

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Back! We missed you, too. Glad to hear all is well...

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. It is so good to have you back.

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back, your witty blos been missed missed.

Camry60

8:29 AM  
Blogger dawnbrocco said...

Hi Barbara,
SO glad you're back! Missed you!

8:30 AM  
Blogger teabird said...

Welcome back! I'm happier than I can express to know that there's a sequel to Casting Spells!

11:19 AM  
Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

Welcome Back!!

2:41 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

It's so good to "hear" your voice again, Barbara!

4:44 PM  
Blogger Katminder said...

What a wonderful surprise! I've wondered where you'd gone! I, too, have been 'soxing', seems like a couple of pair a week. Must be the weather, makes you want to hole up and knit socks!

5:43 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

We missed you too! But that's great news on the book and the sock and that little matter of being alive.

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home