Monday, February 16, 2009

Newest project




I haven't had much time for knitting lately, but a few weeks ago I did finish this knitted hoody. It's a top-down pattern, from Knitting Pure and Simple, #252. It's knit with a bulky-weight yarn from my stash, Phentex chunky, in a lovely lavender.

I couldn't find a purple or lavender zipper, so had to settle for white. It's a great, versatile top, good to wear around the house with a light T-shirt underneath.

I have 3 skeins of the Phentex yet. Any ideas what to do with three skeins of bulky acrylic/wool yarn?

7 Comments:

Blogger Nephele said...

How about some slippers to wear around the house with the sweater?

5:30 PM  
Blogger Cindi Myers said...

Hey, that's a good idea, Nephele!

I have some felted slippers I just made, but those will eventually wear out and the purple would be pretty.

7:18 PM  
Blogger Katminder said...

Matching socks, of course!

11:08 PM  
Blogger Fran Baker said...

I love that hoodie, Cindi. Today is "errand day," so I think I'll swing by my LYS and grab that pattern. Pure and Simple is one of my favorite line.

I agree on the extra yarn - matching socks!

P.S. What's the name of your new book?

9:35 AM  
Blogger Cindi Myers said...

Fran, the new book is Child's Play -- out in March.

Socks -- I've never knit them with bulky weight yarn. Would that work?

Cindi

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finding coordinating zippers for sweaters is a pain, isn't it. I found an online store called zipperstop.com and ordered their YKK #3 Molded Plastic Separating Sweater zippers. The 20" size is what Knitting Pure and Simple women's sized sweaters recommend. The shop has tons of colors, ships fast, and only costs $2.10.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Cindi Myers said...

Dear Anonymous -- thank you so much for the source for zippers. I really like zippered sweaters, so knowing this is a big help!

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home