Saturday, February 21, 2009

Prize: yarn from the Adirondacks

We just got back from winter vacation in Lake Placid in the Adirondacks. You can read all about it (and see pictures!) at my blog From the Garret.







There's a lovely yarn store in Lake Placid where I picked up three skeins of this Marble yarn. I thought the colors were beautifully earthy with tones of brown, rust, beige and a touch of teal. I have a thing for variegated yarn in general. Here's the technical info: 3 skeins of James C. Brett Marble, 100% acrylic (good for anyone with wool allergies), machine washable, 24o yards per skein, "knits to most DK patterns" (whatever that means).



If you'd like to win this lovely yarn, just send me an email at nancy@nancyherkness.com and put "Adirondack" in the header. I'll draw a winner on Friday, Feb. 27th.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Renna said...

The yarn looks lovely. The contest brought me out of lurkdom, but I've been reading your blog for quite some time. The yarn looks very pretty. I love brown yarn.

12:06 AM  
Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

Lovely yarn. What better a place to take a vacation than one that has a local yarn store close.? ;)

12:17 AM  
Blogger LisaB said...

Nice colors on the yarn. But the thing that really makes me drool is the word vacation. Hope you had fun.

1:20 AM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

The vacation was indeed fabulous. In fact, I was so busy and having such fun that I didn't even get any knitting done, despite taking along my "nephew scarf" project. I did manage to work on it a bit on the way home in the car (when the highway was straight and uncrowded because I get car-sick otherwise).

The yarn store had some gorgeous and unusual fibers but I restrained myself and only bought the yarn for RTY. That way I have an excuse to go back. ;-)

11:33 AM  
Blogger jdnrob said...

Very pretty varigation...I would love to win it!

Joanie R.
jdnrob@roadrunner.com

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been to that yarn store and have been wishing and hoping to go back ever since! What a wonderful place.

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home