Saturday, January 31, 2009

Pinwheel Sweater -- my first knit!

I finished my first real knit, a pinwheel sweater for my niece! I'm pretty happy with how it came out:






If I do it again (and I think I probably will, for my daughter), I'd change two things -- do the afterthought heel for the armholes (as they suggest on Ravelry) instead of the extremely confusing provisional cast-on, and make the loops on my crocheted edge (a change already from the suggested I-cord) a little bigger. But overall, very happy with the project!

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Congrats on persevering through the crappy directions! It turned out great.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Wow! I can't believe that's your first knitted project! Clearly, you have an affinity for needlecrafts because that's a gorgeous little sweater. Your niece is so lucky!

11:49 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Very cute! That's a great fist knitted project. Mine was a scarf. Not nearly as cool.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Cindi Myers said...

That beautiful -- and very ambitious for a first sweater. Your niece is a doll!

6:27 PM  
Blogger Mary Anne Mohanraj said...

The photo is actually my daughter posing -- the niece is in California, so couldn't take a photo of her in the sweater. :-) And I'm sure I wouldn't have taken on something like this for a first knitted project if I hadn't already been crocheting for quite a while.

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Wow! I'm really impressed! The sweater is gorgeous, but it sure looks intricate and complicated. Bravo to you!
Terri
http://www.islandwriter.net

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home