Monday, October 20, 2008

If I can't knit, I can shop

I got a catalogue from Knit Picks in the mail the other day and, boy, have I been having fun paging through it. I don't have time to actually knit, but I want to order several items.






First, something that will solve all my problems with lace: a chart keeper. I've struggled with how to hold my pattern and mark the proper row, trying all sorts of strange methods. Here's an elegant solution for a mere $9.99. How can I resist?







Second, I've been looking for a pretty shawl pattern to knit up in some gorgeous russet yarn a very kind soul gave to me. And here it is: the Domovoi Shawl from the book Folk Shawls. Who knows what other fabulous patterns lurk in its pages?




















Finally, a very cool idea: knitted placemats! I love these southwest patterned mats (although I probably won't make them due to the multiple colors which would require weaving in way too many ends). I'd never thought of knitting placemats before.









Has anybody else been window shopping from KnitPicks--or any other catalogue?

3 Comments:

Blogger teabird said...

I always window-shop through KnitPicks. I have enough imaginary projects to fill four lifetimes! By all means get the chartkeeper: it's one of my favorite gadgets and it's very cool to be able to close it up without losing your place.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

I LOVE the chartkeeper and Folk Shawls has many many shawls in it's pages that you'll love!!! Knitpicks needles...oh the Harmonys are my favorite but metal needle loves swear by the Options.

Knitpicks is great for separating me from my money!
(((hugs)))

3:02 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Thanks for the endorsements of my purchase ideas. Time to get the credit card out!

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home