Monday, October 13, 2008

Mystery Prize


I'm doing another manic destashing and need your help. (Yes, I should be writing but I tripped over a bag of Lopi and almost broke my neck.)

Last year I bought four "cakes" of recycled wool/angora in shades of grey that I had planned to knit into a manly scarf for a manly man of my acquaintance. It never happened and quite frankly it probably never will. So now I have this lovely strange yarn (it's four or more distinct threads in the aforementioned shades of grey), maybe two thousand yards of it, in need of a home. It's very fine stuff, very appealing in an understated way.

And it's yours for the taking. Drop me a note here and I'll pick a winner this time tomorrow night.

Be brave! It's for a good cause. I'm drowning in fiber.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I'm so in love with gray right now and that would be stunning with my new red winter jacket. Pick me pick me! Pretty please!

12:02 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

I've been dying to find something that I can knit up for my 20 yr old son. And grey would suit him. Would LOVE to have this! Thanks for offering it!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Ludmilla said...

I've been looking for "just the right" gray color for a scarf for a relative. Enjoy your blog. Are either you or the Manos injured?

1:20 PM  
Blogger Cher said...

OOO, pick me, pick me. I love the purple!

12:40 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

Cher, I'm making a note that you're entered in the purple cashmere contest.

Ludmilla, I'm embarrassed to admit that although the yarn survived, my wrist ended up with a giant goose egg. It's just a sprain but I feel like a dork. (I can't believe I typed "dork.")

1:04 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth Delisi said...

Ooh. Drowning in fiber. What a way to go!

Liz

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home