Monday, October 13, 2008

Socks are not ugly!

Gee, I deeply admire those socks! I saw the coolest fingerless gloves on Knitty--with embroidery (I can do that!) but the pattern turned out to be so awkward for me. They want you to knit the tubes for the fingers first and then attach it in the round to the body and I ended up so confused with so many tails of yarn that I am near tears. So, does anyone have a good pattern for fingerless gloves that won't make me cry?

I have been ill opening our statements from Fidelity and Morgan Stanley, so I think I am NOT going to do that anymore, but just tuck them in a drawer, and I think I need some nice zenlike knitting to get me through these tough times.

Caroline

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Think of the fingers as simple i-cord that you eventually attach together.
Holly in CT

8:54 PM  
Blogger georg said...

So Knicks is out. Do you need separate fingers or is Fetching good enough?

9:24 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I have a really neat pattern for fingerless gloves...but the photo is on ravelry...

has a short row for the thumb...

9:57 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

Caroline, between the election and the economy what brain I have left is quickly deteriorating. Knit something complicated. I defy you to think about Morgan Stanley when you're fighting with a #(@! piece of #(@)! lace.

And Georg is right: Fetching is a great choice. You can knit a pair in a weekend and the only vaguely troublesome spot is the thumb.

11:32 PM  
Blogger kozmic said...

Have a google at Marnie's Hooray for me fingerless gloves for a good sock wool pattern, else grab a copy of Ann Budd's book of basic patterns - theres a recipe there for a variety of styles and weights of gloves.

1:25 AM  
Blogger Rooie said...

I was going to suggest Fetching, too, but I see I've been beaten to it.

I think the finger stubs on most mitts are really unnecessary. Just warm the had and wrist and let the fingers wiggle free. But if you want finger stubs, it would seem so much easier to start from the bottom and then do the fingers one at a time.

Good luck!

7:43 AM  
Blogger Jaymi said...

How about this one or this one.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

I ADORE YOU ALL. Please come to my home tonight and hot chocolate and marshmallows will be served.

x Caroline

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home