Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A different exercise for your hands and brain


Wahoo! My new novel Music of the Night is available! (It's taken a little longer than I expected--that's why I'm excited.) You can order it from Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and at your local bookstore. Here's the link to Barnes and Noble (where they discount it!):
This is my first romantic suspense and it was a fascinating challenge to combine a romance and a mystery. I was determined to keep the two elements balanced so one didn't overshadow the other. You'll have to tell me whether I succeeded or not.
Here's my book description from Amazon:
Legend has it that Beethoven wrote a tenth symphony. . .and made it music to die for.

When world-famous conductor Nicholas Vranos finds his best friend murdered backstage at Carnegie Hall, he’s plunged into a maelstrom of intrigue swirling around the mythical masterpiece. Although Vranos is her main suspect, New York City police detective Anna Salazar finds herself turning to the dark, charismatic maestro for help as she navigates the Byzantine world of classical music. Yet she must fight the powerful seduction of the musician and his Music of the Night.
Romantic Times gave it a lovely review: four stars. Their reviewer, Bunny Callahan, read the book (in manuscript form!) and wrote the review in less than a week. I was incredibly impressed.
All you marching band afficionados will be amused by this little tidbit. Music of the Night began with a hero who was a conductor of classical music. However, I still needed the mystery thread. Suddenly my daughter's marching band show from her freshman year popped into my head. Guess what is was called: Beethoven's Tenth! It just goes to show that writers use absolutely everything in their lives eventually.
There's no knitting in this book but I'm working on getting some needles into my next yarn. (Ahem.)
Enjoy your turkey!

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

Congratulations!!! The review sounds great.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Cindi Myers said...

YOur new book sounds great, Nancy! And the cover is beautiful. Congratulations.

10:49 AM  
Blogger georg said...

Congrats! (and that IS a gorgeous cover.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Congrats! It sounds like a fun read. And it was partially marching band inspired... can't get much better than that!

12:31 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Thanks, guys! I'm pretty excited about it.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Looking forward to reading your new book. Congrats on the good review. Did you pick the hunk on the cover?? He is cute. I am sorry to say he looks young enough to be my son.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Saren Johnson said...

I'll get over to B&N and get a copy. So it can go on the large pile of other books in the queue to read.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Fran Baker said...

OMG, Nancy, this will be a perfect present for my symphony- and mystery-loving friend!

And I'll also ask for at my public library. (Hint to readers: these are nice, non-returnable sales for writers.)

Good luck with the book. I'm looking forward to reading it!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Thank you all for your kind words--and for buying the book!

I'm glad I solved a Christmas present for you, Fran, and I very much appreciate your mentioning Music of the Night to your library.

Ellen, the cover designer picked the hunk on the cover but I happen to know his name is Jimmy Thomas and he's done some nice spreads for Men's Fitness Magazine if you'd like to see more of him. VBG! Just Google his name and "Music of the Night" and his resume comes up...with links to more photos.

If anyone would like an autographed bookmark, email me your snail mail address and I'll send you one as a special thank you to my friends here at RTY. My email address is: nancy@nancyherkness.com .

Hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving!

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home