Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Knitting and Nerves


During the World Series, I knit the front, back, and 1/3 of a sleeve of a new sweater. If the Red Sox hadn't swept my beloved Colorado Rockies and they'd played all seven games, I think I could have finished the sweater. This picture is of the sleeve so far. I hate how awful these things look before they're blocked, but trust me, it will look better.

Which goes to show, I knit faster when I'm stressed. Yet knitting makes me feel much calmer, one more reason I love it. People have different ways of relieving tension, but after a tough day I really look forward to sitting down with my knitting. I can feel myself relaxing as I knit and purl.

And to show that not everyone in the family was uptight about the games, here's a shot of my dog, Snoopy, relaxing in his new favorite spot, the Guest Bed.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Ed said...

Another knitting blog?!
What the...
You need to check the links out at PK's bloghttp://beholdmybrilliance.blogspot.com/

6:35 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I was very sad that the Rockies lost. I'm a Giant's fan, myself, but the Rockies - being a West Coast team, plus they wear purple - were who I was rooting for in this Series.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Cindi, I'm really sorry about the Rockies. We were rooting for them to beat the Red Sox.

11:03 PM  
Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

Wow you are a quick knitter. Snoopy looks like our dog. It is such a rough life. ;)

1:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home