Sunday, October 07, 2007

SY#7 Winner and a great dish cloth from Monica J


Today's winner is Erin Hartshorn. Happy knitting, Erin!

And did you notice the gorgeous dishcloth? That's courtesy of Monica J, one of the Peaches & Creme winners. Notice how she used some leftover black cotton from Halloween knitting to set off the variegated. Contrast makes all the difference, doesn't it?
I sewed the buttons on Goldisox's top down cardigan today and I'm still underwhelmed. I followed the pattern faithfully and wish I hadn't. There should be an extra button up near the neckline and an extra button at the bottom. I also think pockets would've been a nice touch. And definitely the shawl collar. This collar doesn't want to behave. I'm hoping to convince him to model for me this week so I can take a picture and (maybe, if I have the nerve) share it with you. The stitches are nice and smooth. My work was pretty decent. But the end result is kind of a yawn to me now and I don't know why. I'm just very dissatisfied with it.
Then again I'm dissatisfied with my writing at this moment too. Maybe it's something in the air.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This dishcloth looks awesome! I love the stanined glass look.

9:33 AM  
Blogger kshotz said...

Gorgeous cloth!!

Congrats to all the sock yarn winners thus far as well!
Kim

10:50 AM  
Blogger Cindi Myers said...

I love that dishcloth!
And Barbara, I have definitely been there on the dissatisfied with my writing mood!

1:28 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I think when I'm dissatisfied with my knitting or anything else I'm working on, that means it's time to curl up with a good book and read!!!!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Kenyetta said...

I love that dishcloth!

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great dishcloth and congratulations to the sock yarn winner.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Lisa, I agree--the dishcloth looks like a gorgeous stained glass window. So very pretty!

Barbara, you're one step ahead of me--at least you're writing. I can't seem to get going at the word processor. However, tomorrow's another day.

7:54 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Lisa, I agree--the dishcloth looks like a gorgeous stained glass window. So very pretty!

Barbara, you're one step ahead of me--at least you're writing. I can't seem to get going at the word processor. However, tomorrow's another day.

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home