Friday, October 05, 2007

Sock Yarnapalooza Winners #4 and #5


I know, I know. I just can't seem to keep all the balls I'm juggling in the air. At least not at the same time.

Winners #4 and #5 have been notified: Suzan in Australia and Jennifer Mason. Congratulations to both of them.

Snowflake Sock #2 is up and running. The cuff is done and I'm 2/3 of the way through the first pattern repeat and loving the experience even more than the first time. Great, great pattern. (Interweave Knits, the current issue.)

I couldn't help myself and ended up making two more Red Scarves. Another red sprinkles like the one I showed you and a crocheted one in burgundy.

I'm in awe of the talent around here. All these great sweaters leaping off the needles. Nancy, your m-i-l's sweater is fantastic. You did an incredible job with it. And Cindi, wow! Your m-i-l is going to be thrilled. (My m-i-l [husband's stepmother] is no longer with us. I don't think she spoke three civil sentences to me in the 30 or so years I knew her.) And Fran, keep us posted with your cuff-to-cuff adventure. My one stab at a toddler's cuff-to-cuff ended up being better suited to a young orangutan than a human child. (Yes, the hanger distorts the shape to a certain degree but trust me, it was more than a little weird on its own!)

More to come. I'm grilling chicken and have to flip it over.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You cannot believe how excited and pleased I am to win some yarn. Life has been a little draining and I found a lovely little surprise when I came here.

Thank you so very much.

Today I found that a lady I know is beginning to buy in sock yarn and I can get it not so far form home. How is that for double pleasure? She is only buying one brand but that is a great start.

Suzan

2:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Susan and Jennifer.

6:43 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Congrats girls! I got my skein of yarn today that I won on the 3rd. It is the most beautiful Trekking. Thank you so much Barbara, I can't wait to knit with it.

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home