Sunday, October 07, 2007

Sock Winner #6

Katura Cleland (of the beautiful name) is winner #6!

I'm in the throes of knitter's remorse right now. Goldisox's sweater is still drying post-blocking and the more I stare at it lying there all flat and dead-looking, the more I hate it. It looks so boxy. The sleeves look like they belong on Seinfeld's Puffy Shirt. I know the point is to make something the recipient actually wants to wear but I can't help thinking the designer's original idea (shawl collar and zip front) was the right one. I'm just not happy.

The buttons took two weeks to get here. I'll spare you the story but now that they've arrived I'm so lukewarm about the whole thing that I'm not sure I can muster up the enthusiasm to sew them on and see what we've got. He still loves it which is really what's important but I seem to be growing pickier about these things with each new project.

BTW my finishing skills truly and honestly stink. I'm writing about a woman who is in the middle of blocking lace and I swear I broke out into a sweat just typing about it. The thought of trying to block an Orenburg shawl is enough to make my head implode. The sheer magnitude of it overwhelms me. Are my fears unfounded, lace knitters, or am I onto something here?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barbara you are way too funny!

6:37 AM  
Blogger Katura said...

Yeah, I won! Thank you!
On blocking lace, I think it is easier than a sweater because the shape is so simple and it is a little intimidating but the rush you get is way worth it! I would MUCH prefer blocking lace to blocking anything else. I don't like blocking in general.

5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home