Sunday, October 21, 2007

Lots of Winners!

I didn't forget about you. I was trapped (again) behind the Great Wall of Vista. (We went to CostCo a few weeks ago for a rotisserie chicken and our flu shots. [Did you ever think you'd read a sentence like that?] To hell with being inoculated against disease: I should have been inoculated against this #*@(!( operating system.)

Stop, Bretton. Take a deep breath. Think happy thoughts.

Sock yarn! Winners! Winners of sock yarn! Okay, I feel better now.

And in the interest of making you feel better too, here are the latest winners:

#16: Anne Kennedy whose blog is wonderful

#17: Rose Paul

#18: Karen V, whose blog is also a delight

#19: Saren Johnson

#20: Linda Doggett

#21: BellaMama whose blog is yet another gem

(What's with knitting blogs anyway? Some of the best writing on the web is tucked in between increases, decreases, and yarnovers.)

Anne and Rose, your yarn is on its way. Everyone else, watch your inbox for email from me. Or just zap me your mailing address at wickedsplitty and I'll do the rest.

Gotta go now. I'm on day 3 of the migraine from hell. I call it the Vista Headache.

6 Comments:

Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

I hope that you feel better. Migranes are no fun.

8:47 PM  
Blogger ikkinlala said...

Migraines are awful. I hope you feel better soon.

12:10 AM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Prescription: Put yourself and said computer out of it's misery by shooting the laptop with a 12 gauge shotgun then proceed directly to your nearest authorized Apple computer dealer to buy a shiny new MacBook. :~)

The easiest solution is going to be formatting the computer and purchasing a copy of Windows XP.

Hope you find some peace soon!

2:30 AM  
Blogger Saren Johnson said...

Yeah, I'm not loving Vista either. Sadly, since my HD is 100 GB, we can't FFR to XP.

Can't wait to see the sock yarn!!

8:06 AM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Oh, Barbara, hope the migraine goes away soon! Those nasty headaches are no fun--although calling a migraine a headache is a vast understatement, I know.

Your description of your trip to Costco cracked me up. Those "big box" stores have really changed the way we live, haven't they?

Hope you wrestle Vista to the ground soon! I'm still avoiding my Vista-possessed laptop.

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just have to chime in and say I received my sock yarn in the mail Saturday. I gasped out loud when I opened the package and saw the gorgeous color! Despite having started 3 new projects in two days, out came the size one dpns!

Thank you again for your great generosity. I'll keep you posted on the sock progress.

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home