Monday, October 15, 2007

Winners and Losers

How about the winners first? (No, I didn't forget about you this weekend. I've been trapped behind the Electronic Wall of Hell.)

#12: Tonia, aka Mrs. Knitter
#13: Nephele
#14: Lisa S
#15: Tanya I

I've sent emails to everyone but just in case I'm trapped behind your spam filter, here's what I said: all you need to do is email me your mailing address and I'll do the rest. Hooray for Sock Yarn!

And I was the big loser all weekend. Why, you ask? Windows Vista which STINKS.

I hate it. I loathe it. I despise it. My laptop hates it. My parrots hate it. And you wanna bet Bill Gates and his missus have Macs hidden away in their home offices?

Let me post this before Vista realizes I'm trying to communicate with the outside world and slaps a gag order on me.

6 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

OMG, don't get me started on the Vista version of MS Word! I hate it and as far as I can tell so does everyone else in the writing world!

This summer I bought a new laptop to share with my daughter and they refused to load anything other than Vista and the new Word. Every time I have to use it, I curse the idiot programmer who decided to "fix" a perfectly good word processing program.

You have all my sympathy, Barbara!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Nephele said...

I manage the computers where I work and I've had several people ask me for advice when they were shopping for new personal systems. Almost the first thing I say is get Windows XP not Vista.

PS: I've always said that 13 is my lucky number. Looks like that's still true. :-)

11:17 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Congrats winners!

Barbara, you have my sympathy on Vista. Microsoft keeps doing these little things that convince me that my next computer will be a Mac. (Why did I ever switch??)

1:09 PM  
Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

Wow I can't believe that I won! Thanks!!

I have vista as well. While there are neat ideas and qualities to it, over all I think it sucks. It makes my laptop run so slow and there are all these crazy glitches.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

I feel for you. Windows was the main reason I swapped to Macs 5 or so years ago and haven't looked back. Good luck getting Vista to behave.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Redford Phyl said...

I'm stuck maintaining WinBeasts at the office, but my own computers are Macs and have been since the release of the original Classic. I won't say that they are problem-free, but they are so much easier to work with, and oh so logical.

Leave the Darkside and come into the Light. You'll kick yourself for not doing it sooner.

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home