Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Bad Influences!



Last Friday I did a terrible thing. I went to my Local Yarn Store just to buy a set of needles I needed for the MIL sweater and to pick up a couple of Yarnapalooza prizes (one of which Shirley just won--congrats!). That's all I was going to buy, nothing more, I swear.

But you all have led me down the treacherous garden path of multiple projects and I am so tired of the black-sweater-in-stockinette-stitch-that-never-ends. So I bought the makings of a felted totebag FOR ME!

It's a subtly striped Nani Rather Huge Carpet Bag. The yarn is Cascade Heathers in soft natural mossy greens. I splurged on a set of handles in a rich brown leather. It's all sitting there in its bag, calling to me, but I am trying to resist. I need to knit two black sleeves and a collar before I heed its siren call.

OMG, this is torture! I can't stop myself...I have to just cast on the bag...someone save me from myself!


Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nancy, that bag is going to be great. And every knitter needs one or two projects on the needles. Possibly three or four.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Fran Baker said...

Oooh, Nancy, I'm liking the looks of that bag. A lot. You'll have to post photos as you go along.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Carol, you're not helping here! I just cast on the first of the two black sleeves so I'm still resisting mightily.

Fran, I will definitely let you know how the bag goes. I plan to use it as my knitting bag if it comes out well--or even if it doesn't. ;-)

6:01 PM  
Blogger monica said...

Ohhhh, I made that bag, my 15 year old daughter nabbed it right away. She loves it.

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are going to love, love, love that bag in the yarn you chose. I made a sweater out of it and it's beautiful. I can't wait to see your progress on it. Do you think you really need TWO sleeves plus a collar?

10:30 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bretton said...

Nancy, that Noni bag is going to be fabulous! THE Wendy made a # of them -- visit her blog at wendyknits.net and go to the finished projects section. Definitely eye candy!

BTW I use a Constant Companion bag as my knitting bag and love it. Dallas knitted and felted it for me a few years ago and I've really put it through its paces and it's holding up as well as (or better than) leather.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Carol, you're right; my MIL can have a one-sleeved sweater. LOL

Barbara, thanks for the tip on THE Wendy's bags. I'm going to click on over there and drool.

Monica, can you send us a photo of your Nani bag? I'd love to see it and I imagine others would too.

You guys are not making it easy to resist starting the bag!

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home