Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I give up!



It was a nice idea, but I think I'm done with baling twine doormats for now. The fiber is stiff, and while it knits up quickly -- theoretically -- into an ugly but functional item -- I keep breaking needles. Mia (above) helped me find a good use for this aborted project. She thinks that strip makes an awesome neck scratcher. I think I'll just bind off the edge and let her have it. And if I'm lucky, I won't break another needle doing it. Time to move on and admit that this one has me beat. That's not something that pig-headedly stubborn people like me do often, so mark this date on your calender.

Moving on . . . I'm also resisting the urge to shop for my own luscious yarns like those in the Yarnapalooza giveaways. Wow, what wonderful stuff!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful Mia.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Isn't it great to have an inventive cat so you can make even aborted projects useful? Mia looks like a doll.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Fran Baker said...

Cute cat, Laura!

10:03 PM  
Blogger monica said...

Your cat is beautiful!

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home