Monday, July 09, 2007

Yarnapalooza Prize for All You Sockaholics



My Lovely Yarn Lady tells me that TOFUtsies is the hottest new sock yarn. It's made of wool, soysilk fibers, cotton and chitin which is fiber from shrimp and crab shells. Somehow this makes the yarn naturally antibacterial. The skein is 425 meters long so you get a nice pair of socks out of it.

The colors are so gorgeous that it almost (but not quite) tempts me to try knitting socks again.

So, whoever wins the Yarnapalooza prize tomorrow, July 10th, gets this prize from me. Barbara will let me know who the Random Number Generator chooses.

12 Comments:

Blogger Kenyetta said...

That color is awesome!

4:39 AM  
Blogger monica said...

What a pretty color. That yarn is silky soft to knit with.

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty color. Someone's feet are going to be happy. Good luck to everyone.

9:44 AM  
Blogger LauraP said...

wow, antibacterial yarn...could there be anything more perfect for socks?

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh! Tofutsies!

The proprietor of the local spinning/weaving shop sends out emails announcing new stuff. I got one Friday announcing that she has Tofutsies. I visited with her a good long while on Saturday, and now I have some Tofutsies, too. (And she let me use her printer to print out the clues for the mystery stole 3, and her swift and ballwinder, and I started knitting that stole there in her shop. And we talked yarn and needles, too.)

10:30 AM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Cathy, it sounds like you had a lovely Saturday at the LYS! Send us pix of the mystery stole when you're done--I'd love to see it!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the color - bright and cheerful.

1:51 PM  
Blogger anne said...

Great color. Just love it.

5:23 PM  
Blogger ellie said...

Color is simply delightful. Great!

5:25 PM  
Blogger diane said...

Precious and unique shade. Soft and so special.

5:26 PM  
Blogger pearl said...

Ideal color. Feet would be so comfy.

5:28 PM  
Blogger sharon said...

Very pretty shade and lovely for feet.

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home