Monday, July 09, 2007

Yarnapalooza Winner #9


Congratulations to Pamela from Knoxville!


I'm about three inches into the baby sweater and loving it. What is it about seed stitch anyway? I could do seed stitch ad infinitum. It's satisfying to do and is easy on the eyes. The sweater is worked in the round until you reach the yoke so I'm zipping along quite nicely. Initially I was going to do it solely in the blue multi yarn (Stylecraft Wondersoft DK) but I've decided that the pattern designer is right (funny how it happens that way, isn't it?) and it needs a contrasting color to divide body from yoke and a second contrasting color for the placket, neck edge, and cuffs. So now the trick is finding it in a reasonable amount of time so I can get this sweater off to Baby Boy before he's too big to wear it.
I'm still amazed how well the two yarns -- different manufacturers, different weights, purchased randomly -- match up together. Sometimes dumb luck really comes in handy . . .


Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Pamela!

Seed stitch = instant gratification. Works up quickly.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Nancy Herkness said...

Oooh, that is gorgeous! It looks so soft and cuddly.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I regularly turn seed stitch into rib stitch, by forgetting whether I've cast on an odd or even number of stitches. Have to work on that some more!

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home